Before I start this post I want to say sorry for no pictures lately. I keep forgetting my camera! Sorry. I will start to do better.
Yesterday morning we woke the boys up early so they could go with Brady and I to get some manure for our yard. They were all excited to go and got ready much faster than any other day! Garrison had to wear his cowboy boots because he was going to be meeting a "Real LIVE farmer" (sorry Uncle Paul evidently you are not "LIVE" according to Garrison just "regular") We left the house about 7:45 and it was about 25 degrees outside. When we got into the truck Garrison got all concerned and upset because he had a problem to tell us. His news; he was smoking. Brady and I looked at each other concerned and confused and asked him what he meant. Being the dumb parents we are that know nothing he explained it to us. "Mom when I come outside and breathe I smoke. Smoking is bad. How do I stop?" Brady and I laughed and told him that it wasn't smoke. Just that his breath was warm and wet and the air cold, that it was just water vapor. Garrison's response: "You sure?" Us: "Yes" Garrison "You know I could have lava in my tummy you don't even know about." Us: "Your FINE" On to the farm we went. When we got there we were watching the baby calves run and play and Ethan asked "Why do we have cows? What do they do?" My response "These are beef cows. This is where your hamburger, steak, ribs, etc... comes from." Ethan "You're telling me meat doesn't come from the store? It comes from COWS? Even my Sloppy Joes?" Me: "Yes" Ethan: "Yucky" Garrison: "Yummy" Ethan " Garrison that means they kill the cows." Garrison "Why?" Me: "For the meat buddy. That is how you get meat." Ethan "I don't want to eat it anymore" (That didn't last long. He asked for a cheeseburger for lunch) They were able to see the cows up close and asked all kinds of questions to the "Real LIVE farmer." I guess they had to hear it from him. They must think we lie to them on a regular basis. We will have to see how our roast dinner goes over tonight. I may have a vegetarian child for awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



good luck with that kari =)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to rural life! Believe me, this wont be the last time your boys want to become vegetarians (until dinner time). Our whole language seems to be strange.After you've been here for awhile, remind me to tell you about Dr. King's father's story of the cats!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog and getting to know Ethan and Garrison and the two of you.