Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a Week!

What a week! I feel like I crammed a month full of chaos into one week! This is how my week went-
Monday- Grocery shopping, play date at the park, FHE, working on the yard
Tueday- Clean house, Teach Preschool, Babysit for sister, babysit for friend, then power goes out at 3:30.Thank Goodness at least no Wrestling. I called Brady he said it would be out for awhile so I needed to cook the chicken for the YM/YW etiquette dinner. With NO POWER mind you. How did I do it? the Charcoal BBQ that I have NEVER lit myself and had NO idea what I was doing.Thanks to everyone who talked me through it on the phone. Get a call Dinner off.(After I figured out how to start the BBQ) Get a call dinner back on in 45 minutes. YIKES!! Power restored 20 min before dinner! (Thanks Brady better late than never) Needless to say I did get the chicken cooked and thanks to the neighbors the mashed potatoes done just in time. Thank You Tamra for calling and bringing pizza for my kids You were a life saver other wise I think I would have forgotten to feed them.
Wednesday- Baked 4 cakes for RS dinner that night! (It was wonderful) and sent the boys to wrestling with Brady!
Thursday- Taught Preschool again! and took a much deserved little nap! Cheered boys on at wrestling meet! Good Job Boys!
Friday Ethan had a half day of school and I needed to go to Salt Lake to get some supplies for a project I am working on. Since Brady was on call all weekend I was on my own so I loaded up the kids and headed to my parents for the night. We arrived that afternoon and my Dad was kind enough to watch the boys while me and Grandma went shopping!!! We came home with my supplies and Chinese for dinner to two happy boys and one tired Grandpa! That night we helped clean off the garden spot so it could be tilled the next day. Garrison got to use his "Manly Muscles" again and Ethan was a great supervisor telling us what still needed to be done! Good Job Boys!! The next morning the boys spied an empty box Grandma had and went to work building a Derby Car just like Dads; complete with exaust stacks out the top; custom paint job; and car number 4 on the side. I thought it was really cute until Grandma convinced them that they should take it home to show Dad. Thanks Mom.


If it only took Brady one Saturday morning to build a car as cool as this!
They are ready to Derby just like Dad!
On Saturday afternoon Josie came to redeem a birthday certificate for a sleep over at our home. She was so excited to come and had been packed since early Saturday morning! I had no idea our house was so exciting! My children sure are not that excited to be here everyday! She got to choose what we had for dinner and she chose pancakes and sausage! Great and Easy!!! She then got to pick a movie and we watched "Hairspray". My boys were not so thrilled about watching a "Girl" movie but I sure enjoyed it! Happy Birthday Josie! It sure was fun to have you come stay with us!!!

Now that Sunday is here I am glad this week is over and I can relax and get ready for another busy and chaotic week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Kari your house is sooo Fun!!!!! Julia knows this as well as Josie. You have go-gurts, juice boxes, a Tucker doggie, I can play in water tables on your kitchen floor, and you have treats, especially "yum-n-yums" (m&ms)in the corner cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a fun house. Whenever I tell my kids we are going to go do something fun they say "Yeah!! We are going to Ethan and Garrison's house!!" and then it is a big let down when we go somewhere else. Last Thursday was a lot of fun. I think one of us should lock the keys in the house every thursday. That was a good break. I am glad you were home so we had somewhere to go! Thanks a million times over again.

    ReplyDelete