Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas 2008

Here are the pictures of Christmas I promised for all of our family who couldn't be with us. We missed you and hope you had a great Holiday!


Ethan had a school program the Monday before Christmas. His class sang a song about a Christmas train. Ethan's toy car was a soccer ball. He did a great job!









On Christmas Eve I wanted the boys to learn from Grandpa and Grandma how to make homemade Donuts. It is a tradition we had when I was little to make hot donuts for our neighbors. We would start EARLY on a Sat. Morning and My job was to run the donuts to the houses before they got cold. Their cousins came over and we made 2 batches of donuts. It was a mess but lots of fun!


On Christmas Eve Night we also had our traditional Live Nativity performed now by the Grandkids and Adults as needed. Garrison loves dressing up and makes a cute Joseph and a very wise "Wise Guy". Ethan is really beginning to follow the story now and understand the meaning of Christmas. He makes a handsome wise men to. Brady doesn't miss any of the action and has written in his own part as King Harod. I hate to say the part fits.

The boys could hardly wait for the morning to come. We put an alarm clock in Ethan's room and had Garrison sleep in there with him and told them they couldn't come get Mom and Dad until 7am when the alarm went off. At 6:45 Ethan came in and said "Mom I'm so excited my tummy hurts. I think I am going to be sick. Can we just get up now?" Rather than clean up throw up we decided 15 min early would be ok. As you can tell it was a good Christmas and our children our spoiled. It took 2 days to clean up the mess and put everything away.
We had Aunt Sharmon's Family, Grandma and Grandpa over for breakfast. Brady surprised me with a log bed and installed it that morning. We spent the day playing with new toys, sleeping, sledding with cousins, and playing games.


We had a wonderful Christmas season. The boys are already counting down for next year:}



3 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad you sent me your link!! YAY! Now I can stalk you guys....he he he he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow u did a good job kari!!! i am proud!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. o and those donuts were delishous

    ReplyDelete