Friday, January 23, 2009

Disappointment



I should have seen it coming, the singing of Rudolph and other Christmas Carols, the refusal of putting away simple Christmas Decorations made at Preschool and constantly asking me when I would be putting back up our tree; but like most parents I am glad that Christmas is behind me for a year. NOT GARRISON, He woke up this morning and after breakfast I opened the blinds to let in light, his face lit up and he started screaming "IT'S SNOWING! I KNEW CHRISTMAS WOULD COME BACK!" Completely confused I asked him what he meant. He explained to me like everyone should know that when it snows it means it is Christmas. He was heart broken when I explained that Christmas was 1 day a year and that it was Dec 25, and today is Jan 23. I guess the talk about a white Christmas and that our only storm was at Christmas has really confused him. I hate to disappoint him but Christmas will remain just 1 day a year at our home. I don't think we will repeat it every time it snows.

1 comment: