Wednesday, January 14, 2009
In Need of a Good Doctor!!
I am frustrated with the Doctors in our area. I feel like when I take my kids or myself to the clinic I am rushed through and if the lab can't diagnose my problem it is just a virus drink lots and rest. When Ethan came down with a cold just a few days before Christmas I thought I would let it go and see if he could get better on his own. Then Garrison got sick and I took them in to see the Doctor 10 days after Ethan's cold and 3 days after Garrison had a red throat that even I could see without a flashlight, BAD. I had to insist on a strep test which was not grown out. They said Garrison had a virus with cankers? I saw one white spot in the back of his throat. They put him on Tylenol with Codeine. He is 4! I gave him one dose that night and then thought this is crazy he has no cankers. Ethan they said was just a cold. Well I let another week go by with extra fluids just like they said. Garrison did get over his but Ethan got worse. He was now going on 3 weeks of a bad cold so I called up their Pediatrician in Salt Lake and he said to bring them up. My mothers intuition was right. Ethan had a sinus infection and a secondary infection from letting the cold go so long. Now I feel bad I didn't take him somewhere I trusted a week ago. Just 2 days later he is back to normal and feeling great. SOO to make a long story short I know a community who could use a really good Doctor if you know of any send them my way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is FRUSTRATING!! WOW - I can't believe how some dr's just don't seem to care. I'm sorry!!
ReplyDelete