Friday, February 13, 2009

The Big Shave!!!!!!!!!!

Now for those of you who think Brady is a Saint and that he never does anything that would ever annoy me here is my proof! Let me give you a little background on the beard for those who don't know. About 3 or 4 years ago Brady was living in Wyoming during the winter, in the travel trailer for work. I was lucky to see him once a month the rest of the time he was alone. He took the living in the boondocks away from civilization a little to far and didn't cut his hair or shave. When he was transferred back home I begged him to shave. Because his beard and hair aggravated me he thought it was funny and refused to shave. He let it grow until he looked like a mountain man.( no offense to anyone) I was reading through a magazine one day and found an article about people who recieved pledges to shave their heads for childrens cancer research. I mentioned the article to Brady and dared him to shave his head. He told me that if I would raise the money he would shave his head. So I did!!! And he shaved his head and beard at the St. Baldricks head shaving party in Salt Lake. I thought that I was done with the long hair and beard but NOOOO now every fall on his Birthday he starts to grow it back again so he can shave it for the children cancer research. Now don't get me wrong I am glad he is so passionate about the cause BUT does he have to take it to the extreme?






This year was like no other until Wednesday! Brady had an Appt. to see a Dermotologist on Thursday so on Wed. I called the office because he said he wasn't going to shave for it. They told him he had to so on Wed night before we left the beard had to come off. Now Brady can't just comply and do what he is told so he comes out looking like this.......

I was FURIOUS we were late leaving and all he can think about is annoying me!AAHHHHH. Sometimes I think I live with a bunch of children! I could barely stand to look at him, it just looked freaky. He then got the boys to say it was cool and that he should leave it. He then proceeded to tell me he was leaving it and then started to pack up to leave. Being the sneaky wife I am I told him either he shaved it down more the way he wanted or the Doctor would shave it for him. Not that the doctor had said so but I must have been convincing enough because he shaved it! I will have to take a after picture because everyone says he looks so much younger. He is complaining that his face is cold. So if you see him tell him how much better he looks! He will be shaving his hair still for the St. Baldricks research sometime around St. Patricks Day. If you would like more information let me know. They are always looking for people willing to shave their heads for a good cause!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are a good woman! I woulda drugged him and done it in his sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought but when Menco insisted on wearing facial hair I would giggle every time he kissed me. I would explain that I liked how it looked,it was just really too difficult to "get romantic" with someone's whiskers going up my nose! He didn't usually wear one very long! Love your blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete