season! It has been 5 weeks of 3 nights a week and I am glad that it is over! The boys did so good! It took
them a while to get the hang of it but by the end they

This was Garrisons first year and I have to say I admire their coach Cody for having the patience to teach a bunch of preschoolers! I am sure he thought he was herding chickens on more than one occasion. Garrison did really well for his first year. He did play a lot of tag around the mat and spent a lot of time on his back. After his last match tonight Brady asked him how many lights were out in the Gym to which Garrison said. "One, That one right there"and pointed to the one light that WAS out in the Gym. He was so happy to receive a medal just like brother and his very own team t-shirt. He calls his team the "Muscle Men" because of the picture on the back! He had one match tonight when he had pinned the other kid and was just laying on top of him and they were looking at each other. The other little boy reached up and patted Garrison's cheeks, then stroked them, then jiggled them back and forth. It was so funny. I guess I am not the only one that loves his big cheeks!!
them a while to get the hang of it but by the end they
had drastically improved. Ethan had fun learning the
holds and trying them out on Brady! He hopes one day he will be able to take him down. He probably will since Brady has walked around like an old man after each wrestling practice and keeps saying "I am getting to old for this" I just smile and laugh and tell him it is good for him. And remind him how many more years he has of it! Ethan
holds and trying them out on Brady! He hopes one day he will be able to take him down. He probably will since Brady has walked around like an old man after each wrestling practice and keeps saying "I am getting to old for this" I just smile and laugh and tell him it is good for him. And remind him how many more years he has of it! Ethan
has also got a pretty good idea how things work this time and understands better what he is suppose to do. It is no longer a game of tag around the mat!
This was Garrisons first year and I have to say I admire their coach Cody for having the patience to teach a bunch of preschoolers! I am sure he thought he was herding chickens on more than one occasion. Garrison did really well for his first year. He did play a lot of tag around the mat and spent a lot of time on his back. After his last match tonight Brady asked him how many lights were out in the Gym to which Garrison said. "One, That one right there"and pointed to the one light that WAS out in the Gym. He was so happy to receive a medal just like brother and his very own team t-shirt. He calls his team the "Muscle Men" because of the picture on the back! He had one match tonight when he had pinned the other kid and was just laying on top of him and they were looking at each other. The other little boy reached up and patted Garrison's cheeks, then stroked them, then jiggled them back and forth. It was so funny. I guess I am not the only one that loves his big cheeks!!
Through it all Ethan only received one bloody nose and Garrison one fat lip. Both had a few Mat burns but when asked if they wanted to do it next year they both enthusiastically said "YES, and We can practice together all year long" To which I hope my furniture and carpet will last. They are boys and will wrestle anyway so they might as well learn the right way to do it and have fun!!




I love your blog and hearing about your kids! I'm glad they enjoyed wrestling after all it is supposed to be fun. Keep up the great postings!
ReplyDeleteCarli