I got a call yesterday afternoon from my friend saying she had picked up Garrison from school today and he wouldn't leave his eye alone. It was all red and irritated. She thought it might be pink eye. PINK EYE NOOOOOOO! She brought him home and I took one look at him and new it was. I called the Dr. to see if I could get him in last night so I could let the school know before fall break. They had an appointment at 6 last night so we went in.
We got there, and I was talking to the Dr. he was asking all the usual question, making sure their wasn't another problem, and then we started talking about the eye. I was asking about how long it was contagious, he was telling me what to watch for etc. all this time we were referring to it as "his pink eye". Garrison just sat there taking it all in when all of the sudden he blurts out. "I DON'T HAVE A PINK EYE. I DON'T WANT A PINK EYE. MY EYES ARE BROWN AND I WANT THEM TO STAY THAT WAY" Poor kid. He thought his eyes were turning pink and going to stay that way. The Dr. got a good chuckle out of it and said that he better watch out more on what terms he used in front of Garrison next time. We explained that it was irritated and that with the medicine his eyes would look normal again.
Garrison prides himself on having "Beautiful Brown eyes" like his Mom and Grandma Staples.
Can't say as I blame him. What little boy would want to change their brown eyes to pink. Not really the color I think a boy would choose. Now if they changed to green............Maybe?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment