Friday, May 15, 2009

Feeling Better and Back into the Blogging Business!

I am feeling so much better now. Thanks to everyone who left comments, called on the phone or stopped by. You support meant a lot.


Now to our latest project. Sprinkler Systems! Yes that means grass very soon! Last weekend when I went to surprise my Mom for mothers day with her video, Brady rented a trencher, and dug for the sprinkler pipe. When I came home I was so excited thinking we would have grass planted by the end of the week. But for those who know how projects work around here none can go that smooth. We ran into problems with the filter system fitting right, and not having enough daylight in the day to finish it as soon as we want. Hopefully we will plant by Saturday night.




Brady is a perfectionist when it comes to projects like this. I am glad he is because they always turn out great BUT somehow I always become the grunt of the project. For the sprinkler system it is my job to level out the trenches so the pipe lays level. No problem except that the kids and dog run around the yard and knock dirt back into the trenches while I am shoveling. So then I send them inside and every five minutes they NEED something. Not to mention how many times Brady stops me because he needs me to come look at something he is working on that I looked at 5 MINUTES ago or he asks my opinion and when I go to say something he says "IF you can't dig and talk at the same time STOP talking" (All in kidding I'm sure) I think I will shovel when it is only Garrison and I home and let him watch a movie!



Brady's job is to glue the pipe together. Now I know that there is a lot more to this than I give him credit for. He has put a lot of thought into the design and there is up to three pipes in a trench that he has to keep straight and hooked to the right section of sprinkler. But to the neighbors passing by all they see is Brady sitting on the ground looking down into the trench and then they see me digging my heart out sweating to death day and night. Just like the concrete project I think I got the wrong end of the deal. I think I should have learned how the glue pipe together. After all how hard can it actually be?
This is the side of our house looking to the back. Can you just imagine all the grass! Soon I will be mowing instead of digging!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new lawn! I love to see the beautiful yards in Elmo with big lawns! That is going to be so nice for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Can't wait to see your yard with nice grass growing. Garden looks great. Give Janel some encouragement to get our garden going. LOL

    ReplyDelete