Friday, May 15, 2009

Clean House?


Since I have been so focused on the yard this week I will be the first to admitt that other things have been put on the back burner like the laundry and other household chores. I had been digging the other night till way past dark and had come in to shower, relax and watch the news. The boys were asleep and we had left the dinner plates on the table. They normally clear their plates and put them in the sink for me to load into the dishwasher. Tonight it just didn't happen and I was too tired to do it so I left it for the morning. Garrison got up when Brady and Ethan were getting ready to leave for the day and came out for breakfast. He sat at the table and I gave him his oatmeal and he just sat there and didn't eat. Strange for him. I sent the other two on there way and asked him what was wrong. He turned to me and said "How can I eat in such a junk yard" I looked at the dishes from the night before and just laughed. I cleared them away so he could eat and went on my way. That afternoon he came into the family room where I had been folding laundry and looked around and said to me "We have to do something about this pig pen we live in. This has got to change. I want it clean again. Put these clothes away." I knew the house was not as clean as usuall but I had NO idea it was now a pig pen. This coming from Garrison who refuses to clean his own room and could care less if it is a mess but I had better keep everything else in spotless condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment