Monday, November 16, 2009

5 Years and Counting!!!

I can't believe that today is Garrison's 5th birthday! I know it sounds cliche to say that it seems like yesterday that he was born; but time really has seemed to fly. I remember when he was born and being told he was soooo sick, being stuck in one hospital after having a C-section, and him having to go to the NICU at another hospital not knowing if he would live of die and not being able to be with him. The worst feeling in the world. Our days were filled with the
excitement of little accomplishments. Him opening his eyes, being able to have IV's and breathing tubes taken out, hearing his horse little cry, having him smile, eat, and 5 1/2 weeks later finally taking him home!


Now here we are 5 years later and still enjoying his everyday little accomplishments. Learning to write his name, playing games, riding his bike, taking care of his animals, talking up a storm with that little voice we couldn't wait to here now we can't shut up, and making us laugh with his innocent and not so innocent comments.

Now we look forward to many more years with him. We are excited for every moment, starting Kindergarten, being Baptized, sports, High School, driving, dating, mission, college, the list goes on and on.....
Garrison we thank Heavenly Father everyday for you. We know you are a special miracle from him. You bring such joy to our family and we can't picture life without you in it.
We LOVE You!!!
Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. You made granpa and grandma both cry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRISON WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Garrison! I will always remember driving down an LA freeway when I heard you were born. I can't believe you are already five. Undoubtedly the cutest five year old around!

    ReplyDelete