Sunday, March 7, 2010

Flash Back

A week and a half ago, Garrison had a cold that he couldn't seem to kick. Along with it he developed a cough that seemed to get worse rather that better. He had been tired but we had company and he had had a few late nights. I didn't think much of it and just tried to put him to bed earlier that night. The next day he was ornery, sleepy, had a low grade fever and told me it hurt to breath. I immediately made him a Dr. appointment and took him in. My fears were confirmed; it was pneumonia. My heart sunk. How could I have let this go so long thinking it was a bad cold. We got him his antibiotic, cold/cough medicine, breathing treatment medicine and took him home. He hardly slept a wink that night and I layed there crying with him with the flashback of him when he was born and diagnosed with pneumonia. I was scared to death all over again for him and prayed he would get better.
After a few days of sleepless nights, breathing treatments, lots of fluids, a crooked neck from laying on the couch bored out of my mind watching way to many PBS shows holding him, and his medicine; he bounced back to himself and I could breath a sigh of relief. I have vowed to be more watchful when it comes to this little guy. I am glad this time around wasn't as bad as the first.


He fought us at first with the breathing treatments until we told him that his cousin Jillian did them for her asthma. Then we got him the mask you see in the picture and he thought that was cool because Grandpa wears one of those when he sleeps! He loved it then because it made him even more like his Grandpa!!! What a kid!



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that he is feeling better. I love the new look on the blog. It is really cute! It was good to see you the other day at the kid's fair. You were the only thing that I really enjoyed there!

    ReplyDelete