Thursday, October 8, 2009

Soccer

Ethan has been begging us to let him play soccer for the past few years. I will be the first to admit it is not Mine or Brady's sport of choice as we have no idea what is going on beyond watching little ones run up and down the field kicking each other, thank goodness for the shin guards, and occasionally the ball. But how do you say no to a child who wants to try and shows such enthusiasm towards it? So the season started later than anticipated and now we find ourselves cheering on the sidelines bundled in our winter gear, as Ethan is LOVING playing the game. He has only played three games but he is already teaching Brady and I a few "soccer terms." Last nights game was really exciting because he even made 2 goals! He was sooo thrilled with himself and his victory dance made us roll with laughter. I wish I would have had the video camera!!! So despite mine and Brady's attempt to steer him towards a sport we actually know what is going on, he has chosen soccer. I guess until we learn what is happening we will sit on the sidelines and be completely entertained by the innocence on the game and its players!!! Keep up the good work Ethan! We are having a great time watching you!!!!!



"Mom did you see that goal I just made?" We will be hearing the play by play until Christmas or later!!!




1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO ETHAN!!!!We can't wait to have you tell us all about it! Hope to see you very soon.

    ReplyDelete