Monday, October 5, 2009

Garden Ball

Fall is here and despite our efforts to cover the garden and make it last a little longer, Frost came and killed everything left in the garden. So on Saturday we let the boys go out and pick the pumpkins and remaining good items from the garden.















Garrison couldn't resist breaking open a watermelon and eating it right there.

After everything good had been picked, Brady had the great idea of seeing who could throw things the farthest. Brady of course won. Its hard for the rest of us to palm a honeydew.







Next thing we know Brady came out with a shovel and started a game of garden baseball. The boys thought this was hilarous. Ethan said that we scored "Major COOL Parent points!"
We didn't even know we were trying for them. I am not sure if the neighbors would agree. I think we were really entertaining to watch. They probably didn't know who was more childlike that day. Brady and I or the boys. The best part is that we didn't even have to clean up our mess. The goats did it for us!!!! We are looking forward to the garden next year. Next fall anyone who want to join our baseball game is welcome!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what fun, what memories! I'd love to come and cheer for my favorite team.

    ReplyDelete