Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving + family = FUN

The above picture doesn't seem like we had much fun, but in reality we really did! Shane and Tonya and their family plus my parents, Sharmon and Paul's family and of course us all went bowling the night before Thanksgiving. We wanted to celebrate all of the fall birthdays together without having much that we had to do to prepare. We have some pretty good bowlers in our family. Ethan knocked the socks off of us with how good he was for his size. (He even beat Brady and I the first round.) And Shane got I can't remember how many strikes in a row! Grandma and Grandpa even got into the action, which the Grandkids LOVED! I wish I would have remembered my camera. With all of us there, we only had one injury!!!!!! That is pretty good for my family with that many kids around. Garrison dropped a bowling ball on his finger. It immediately went purple and swollen and bled but is not broken. I am not sure if he will loose his fingernail, it is still purple and sore a week later. I think we can all agree when we get together for holidays, bowling might be a new family tradition.
Again I didn't get my camera out all Thanksgiving but found that my mother had and snapped up a storm so here is what we did that evening! If it looks chaotic and fun your right it was! Bet you wished you were here!

Every year Grandma plays Bingo
with the grandkids. Here they are
checking out each others prizes!
Every TV in the house had something different on it. Basketball, Football, Movies you name it!




Maddie loved snuggling up to the animals. She was so excited to see the goats. She couldn't resist wearing this dog costume all around. She even wanted to wear it to bed.







Since I don't have girls, I love it when my nieces want to try a new hairstyle on me. I love to have my hair played with it is so relaxing. My Mom thinks we look like a line of monkeys grooming each other. In the end we had some pretty interesting hair do's.






Hanging out with the cousins







Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without planning out our Black Friday shopping. Down here we are limited with our stores but planned anyway. No one went out too early but I think we all got what we wanted anyway.








Along with shopping lists, the kids make wish lists. Since we didn't have the paper, we used the Internet instead. Far less mess!











I think Conner had the right idea. He escaped early and went to bed. Full stomach +too much laughter = sleepy head



Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!










1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of bowling before Thanksgiving! That sounds like so much fun! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete