Sunday, August 30, 2009

LAGOON!!!!!


My side of the family decided to go to Lagoon together for some end of summer fun. It has been YEARS since I have gone to Lagoon with my siblings. I am glad everyone wanted to go! My boys didn't understand what Lagoon was all about. Truth be told I was more excited then them to go. During the SL County Fair they were really disappointed that I wouldn't buy them ride tickets. They didn't understand that they would be going somewhere that they could ride as many times as they wanted! When we got there their faces lit up and they were so excited! It was so cute.


After dinner we decided to go on Rattle Snake Rapids. The line wasn't that long and we soon descovered why. You get drenched and at 8 o'clock at night it can be a little chilly after! Some how Me, Tonya, and Conner ended up drenched the most. I really hate the feeling of wet levi's.


Left: Ethan riding Puff the little rollercoaster. He wasn't much for the "Scary" rides.
Right: Doesn't Garrison look TERRIFIED to have Cassidy drive!
He really is such the dare devil and was mad he couldn't go on the BIG rides.


The kids loved the bumper cars cause they could crash like Dad but the ride they talk about the most is the helicopters and planes. They loved being able to control going up and down. It helped that their was NO line and they could keep going around and around!
Brady loved taking Josie and the older kids on the big rides. I am sure he acted just as much as a kid as they did. Probably more. When Sharmon, Tonya, and I told the kids that night that Brady and Shane were going with them and that they were in charge as the responsible adults, we quickly took that statement back and put the kids in charge of them! Safer that way I am sure!

Brady and I pulled the trailer up to sleep in and make dinner for everyone! It turned out to be great and I would recommend it to anyone. Not only did we all save money on meals, it was great to come back and relax and gain a second wind. It was also great not to have to drive home after playing so hard all day. We did have a bit of excitement at the trailer while preparing dinner, Tonya and I were cutting up veggies for a salad when she cut her finger with a knife. I quickly got her a bandaid and we went on cutting. Not even 5 min. later, I was trying to get the pit out of the avacodo and stabbed my hand between my thumb and pointer finger. I looked down and could tell it was bad. I ran to the sink, where Sharmon held my hand under the water while I cussed and screamed. (Sorry children for the swear words. I did apologize after every one though) It hurt so bad my hand went a little purple, and my thumb numb; I wanted to go the ER but nobody wanted to take me. I thought it needed stitches but everybody wanted to use up the rest of their all day ride pass it was just getting cool ( To tell the truth so did I). So Shane got his first aid kit from the car, and Sharmon bandaged me up and we finished the night having a BLAST!

Fast forward to Monday (No since in paying a ER copay. It felt fine) I went to the clinic to get a Tetnus shot. She reopened the wound OUCH and said I needed stitches but it was to late. She told me I had cut the nerve and might not ever get feeling back. She also got after me for not having it looked at. (Guess she doesn't know how expensive an all day ride pass is) She closed it back up with Terry Strips gave me my shot and told me to leave it alone if the strips fell off and let the air get to it. Well the strips didn't even make it home before they had fallen off, and by the next morning it was red and throbbing. Sharmon bandaged me again for the next few days and by today it is fine! Still no feeling in my thumb though.

We made great memories for our family and I even have the scare to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment