
So handsome in his new suit!
His chocolate cake YUM!
Family and friends
Is it time to cut the cake?
More family and friends As I have thought lots about this post, I choke up everytime at how big my little boy is getting, and how much he has grown physically and spiritually and how much joy he brings to our home.
I was really proud of him when he made the decision to be baptized. As we talked with family about what dates would work to have as many people come as could, it was decided that
July 24, 2010 would be the day. Not only is it special because it is Pioneer Day, but it also happens to be my birthday! I could not of asked for a better gift than to see my Son baptized on my birthday! We had so many friends and family come to show their support and take part in his program. He asked both Grandmas to give a talk. It was kind of funny because Grandma Clifford had just given a talk a few months earlier on the Holy Ghost at Josie's baptism. Ethan said that he had heard that talk already so as he put it "Lets see what she can do with Baptism!" I know Grandma was happy to speak on whatever he asked but it sure would have been easier on her if she could have used the same talk! He had Grandma Staples talk on the Holy Ghost. both talks were memorable and something I hope he will cherish.
He was baptized by his Dad. I will never forget the smile on his face as he entered the baptism waters holding his Daddies hand. He looked scared and happy all at the same time. How blessed I feel that Brady was worthy to baptize him. He was impressed that Dad only had to dunk him once! Grandpa Clifford, Uncle Shane and Uncle Paul were the witness's.
He asked Grandpa Staples to confirm him. That was imported to him because he wanted to have his Grandpa Staples to confirm him just like when Brady was confirmed by his Grandpa Staples.
Ethan I hope that your testimony will continue to grow. I hope that you know that my testimony grows from you. I want you to know that I know that your Heavenly Father is so proud of your decision. He loves you and wants the best for you just like Mom and Dad want the best for you. We pray that you will continue to make good decisions like you have made. We feel so blessed to be your parents.
Love Mom and Dad
It was a lovely baptism followed by a great celebration back at the Elmo town hall! It was great to see all the support he has and for him to feel so special!
Thanks to everyone!
Thanks to everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment