Sunday, July 25, 2010
Teaching Moment
Garrison has been after me all day to let him swim in his pool. I have tried to explain that we don't swim on Sunday. This just made him mad. So this evening I told him, " I want you to go pray to Heavenly Father and ask him if it is OK for you to swim in your pool." Garrison disappeared for no more than 2 seconds and came back out to inform me " Yep he agrees with me! Its OK to swim" I asked him if he REALLY prayed and told him that he better try again just to make sure and ask this time if he should obey his Mom or go ahead and swim. I tiptoed after him and peeked into his room this time to find him kneeling in prayer at the side of his bed offering the most sincere 5 year old prayer on whether he can swim or needs to obey his Mom. I left him and a few minutes later he returned to report that his first answer was wrong and that praying really does work. I love little teaching moments like that. I am glad Garrison had his first answer to prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Awwwww! So precious =)
ReplyDelete